The Marquee Site at Kincardine Castle
If you’re looking for a fabulous location to host a marquee party, Kincardine Castle is an unrivalled private venue.
In the castle gardens, immediately adjacent to the attractive walled garden, lies a pair of terraces. Formerly a grass tennis court and croquet lawn these now form a superb location for marquee events. We can provide a level pitch and dancers don’t find themselves wandering off downhill as they strut their stuff. With underground services of power, water and waste drainage as well as separate access for service vehicles and guests this site simplifies event planning.
Alternative options exist if you're using the castle as well. We can add a marquee (up to 40ft. x 100ft) beside the castle and this helps reduce costs as the loos within the castle save having to hire mobile toilets. This smaller site is not suitable for the larger events which have to go to the dedicated marquee site. Nevertheless it can easily handle a dinner/dance for 150 people.
A marquee event sited at Kincardine has the following advantages.
Distance: only 25 miles from Aberdeen
Location: Royal Deeside
Privacy: no need to share venue with visiting public or hotel guests ·
Spectacular setting: impressive backdrop of Kincardine Castle, floodlit at night, and stunning views over Royal Deeside
Option to have business meetings, reception or dinner party for your VIP guests in Kincardine Castle
Option to accommodate your VIP guests, on site, in Kincardine Castle (see our House Parties page).
The main marquee site is some 100 yards from the house, so youcan make as much noise as you like.
- Services - water, drainage, electricity, parking, etc. See below
- Lawns truly level - floor laid directly onto grass, no site levelling required.
- Split levels within tent a possibility
- Sheltered from prevailing wind, open to sun
- Access: Private drive from A93 leads to Kincardine House; guests can dismount from coaches at house, walk to site via reception tent if required. Car parking is available close to house. Full One Way system to avoid congestion.
- Suitable for Helicopters
- Separate access to site for commercial and catering vehicles to rear
- Up to 200 people on one terrace, or
- 450 if both terraces are covered in one marquee giving a two-level interior. Great for dances and shows etc. as this gives an in-built stage.
Cost of Site Hire:
This is dependent on the scale of the function, season etc. and a typical charge for a single event varies between £800 and £3,500 +VAT,* but call us to discuss your requirements; as every event is unique.
As a more specific example the facility fee to provide the site for a 35m x 20m frame marquee with entrance tents (erected by hand without mechanical lifting gear), space for mobile loos, and car parking in the field will cost around £1,500 + VAT.*
* For the avoidance of doubt these figures exclude the hire charges for marquee etc.