Contact Tel: +44 (0) 13398 84225
e-mail: enquiries@kincardinecastle.com
  • Kincardine Castle
  • Kincardine Castle Weddings
  • Private Event Hosting
  • Corporate Event Hosting
  • Extensive Gardens to Explore
  • Country Sports
  • The Laburnum Walk at Kincardine Castle
  • Victorian Castle & Gardens
  • Private Event Hosting
  • Weddings at Kincardine Castle
  • Stunning Scenery
Previous Next

Non-religious Ceremonies

A purely secular service is a Civil Ceremony which normally happens in a Registry Office. The law provides for Civil Ceremonies to take place elsewhere on suitably licensed premises. We don’t have such a licence but fear not, there are solutions to this.

  1. We can obtain a temporary licence for you and have the ceremony done by the Registrar here at Kincardine. This is a process that takes some time and for which charges are made.
  2. You can get married in a Registry Office and have the celebrations here at Kincardine.
  3. You can be married by a Humanist Minister or a Multi-faith Minister. These Ministers are themselves licensed and can carry out ceremonies on unlicensed premises. We have had several such ceremonies here at Kincardine. We’ve included a bit more information on this option under Religious Ceremonies.

Marriage Licence

You will need a Marriage Licence. If you don’t have this vital document then all the rest of the preparations can be perfected but you won’t be legally married.